- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon gherkins or sour pickles, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 slices aged country ham or prosciutto, very thinly sliced
In a medium saucepan, arrange the eggs in a single layer and cover with cold water by one inch. Bring the water to a boil then turn off the heat. Let the eggs to sit in the hot water for 8 minutes, then immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water. Let sit in the ice water for 5 minutes.
Peel the chilled eggs and slice in half lengthwise.