Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup that packs all the creaminess you appreciate from a classic chicken pot pie without all those fillers.
This hen pot pie soup recipe is packed with veggies and made creamy with a do-it-yourself nutritious roux in the slow cooker.
Gradual Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
We’re below to introduce you to the greatest rooster pot pie soup recipe you at any time did see. And it’s created wholly in the slow cooker.
Significantly, this soup is deliciously creamy, and packed with hen and hearty veggies. Serve it with a flakey biscuit, and it tastes just like the true deal.
Why you are going to enjoy it!
- Incredible meal prep: Hen pot pie soup is an superb food prep notion since it will literally give you soup for days. This specific recipe serves 6.
- Healthy: Our hen pot pie soup recipe is made with lean diced chicken and tons of veggies generating it superior in protein and fiber.
- Cook dinner on small or superior: Need supper swift? Prepare dinner this in the gradual cooker on superior! Want to established it and fail to remember it all working day although you’re out of the home? Cook dinner it on minimal!
Chicken Pot Pie Soup Substances
for the Hen Pot Pie Soup
- Boneless skinless rooster breast
- Frozen vegetable mix
- Yellow onion
- Russet potato
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Poultry seasoning
- Floor oregano
- Floor black pepper
- Rooster broth
for the creamy Roux
- White total wheat or white flour
- Large cream
Selfmade Rooster Broth
Make this selfmade hen broth and use it in your preferred soup recipe! This broth is the most flavorful hen broth on the net. You can use it in soups, chilis, sauces, and additional!
How to Make Rooster Pot Pie Soup
All the things in the slow cooker
Position almost everything for your chicken pot pie soup into the slow cooker. Combine nicely and make sure chicken is submerged in liquid.
Cook dinner on reduced or large: Address your slow cooker and cook on significant for 2-4 several hours OR on lower for 6-8 hours.
Get ready the creamy roux
With 1 hour remaining in your prepare dinner time, begin producing your roux.
In a little saucepan, melt butter more than medium/large warmth. Reduce heat to medium warmth and include flour to butter, and mix with a whisk until mixture turns into a crumble.
Insert roux to slow cooker
Increase roux to the sluggish cooker and whisk soup until finally butter and flour mixture dissolves.
Location include on the sluggish cooker, turn to higher if it’s not by now on large, and permit prepare dinner for an more 1 hour to allow broth to thicken.
Dice cooked rooster & appreciate!
When rooster is completely cooked, get rid of from sluggish cooker and slice into chunk-sized chunks. Increase hen back to the slow cooker and blend. Finally, include hefty product to soup, blend, and serve!
Cook dinner on very low or significant: a single of the best matters about this slow cooker rooster pot pie soup is you can cook dinner it on very low or substantial based on your choice for cook time!
Shred or dice the hen: we like dicing the hen for this soup, but really feel totally free to shred yours if you want.
Select any frozen veggies: the frozen veggie combine that we made use of involved environmentally friendly beans, peas, carrots and corn, but feel totally free to use 20 oz. of any frozen veggies you’d like.
Shop your chicken pot pie soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. We enjoy storing ours ideal in the gradual cooker if you have enough leftovers 😀
To reheat: position soup in a microwave-harmless bowl and microwave on large for 60-90 seconds.
Can you freeze hen pot pie soup? YES! We have just one idea for you in advance of we share how to freeze it. Don’t Incorporate THE Large Cream right until you provide it. Why? If you freeze significant cream, you possibility curdling dairy when you reheat.
So, to freeze your soup, just follow this basic tutorial on How to Freeze Soup.
- Refrain from including hefty to your soup if you’re planning to freeze it for afterwards. Cook the soup as directed.
- Let the soup amazing and then transfer it into an airtight container or freezer-risk-free gallon-dimensions bag.
- Take out as a lot air as achievable and then seal.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.